Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year And New Years Resolutions

So it's that time again... everyone celebrates coming into the New Year with a bundle of New Years Resolutions but who actually sticks to them? I really want to stick to mine this time as there have been many occasions where I have given up due to lack of motivation so I am going to try EXTREMELY hard this time round and stick to them. I only have a few but for me they are going to be hard to stick to.


Only buying make-up/fashion items unless I NEED them...

Seriously this one is going to be mega hard for me. I normally see something I WANT (not Need)! and just go ahead and buy it. I am now going to only purchase an item if I actually NEED it. This is most probably going to be things like face wipes etc which I actually NEED other than items like mascara, lipsticks which I want but can do without! I just get way too tempted by reading all these GORGEOUS Blogs and it makes me want all the lovely items out there but I am trying to save money as I am hoping to move out in 2014 so I need a good hard year of saving and that includes being harsh on myself (with the occasional odd treat or two obviously!).


Learn to drive and pass the theory & practical test...
Basically I have been learning to drive for two years on and off. I started when I was 19 and took 4 1/2 months lessons and completely failed. I got so scared of roundabouts and then someone actually went into the back of me at one which of course just crushed any little bit of confidence I had. I gave up and re started again in June but lasted a few lessons and gave up again. It's so frustrating how little confidence I have and I work somewhere I need to get two buses to so I NEED to do this. So I decided that I am going to start lessons with an automatic car! I need to concentrate on getting my confidence with the gears and with roundabouts and figured if I can pass my test with an automatic car (which lets face it must be easier ) then I can HOPEFULLY take manual lessons in a few years and pass my test with a manual car. I know its the long way round but I have though long and hard about this and for me its the only way I can see myself driving at all. Now I also need to concentrate and practise my theory too.


Carry on with My Yogalates or start hot Yoga...
Ok so I have been doing Yogalates for a while now in my own home and loved it but because I work Monday-Friday and its quite late when I get back due to travel etc I never really have the motivation to actually do it. My old job was in my home town and finished at 4:00 so 2/3 times a week I used to do it when I got home and now I really struggle to fit it in :(


I have a lot of Louise Solomon's yogalates dvd's and find they work a treat so I need to work extremely hard to try and fit this in. I have also wanted to start up hot Yoga although I have heard mixed opions on this. Either way I do want to keep up some sort of Yoga!


What are your New Years Resolutions?


I want to also take this opportunity to wish you all a fantastic, Happy & Healthy 2013.


Jess xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Great resolutions, I'm trying to get into the frame of mind of buying what I need not what I want but it's not happening at the moment lol. My main resolution would be to not cock up my last year at uni and pass with a 2:1 or higher :) Happy new year hun! :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!
      I am trying my best, its really hard to stick to! I hope you get the results you need (: xx

      Delete
  2. You actually have really good, realistic expectations! :) Some other people's are so far-fetched... :/ Count me in the 'buying only things I NEED' part! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true! Thanks Hun (: Hope its going good for you (: xx

      Delete
  3. I passed my test (first time) in an auto 3 years ago & I've no desire to pass a manual test. I <3 my auto ps. if I can do it anyone can, get those lessons booked hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh well done! I am starting in the next few weeks and I cant wait, but very nervous! I am hoping it wont take long though (: Thanks Hun!xx

      Delete
  4. Your blog has an award hun http://beautyboxswaps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh WOWSA!!! Thank You so much Hun!!! <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Basically need to do every one of your resolutions... but know that I definitely won't, lol x

    ReplyDelete